DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Virtual Sportshall Athletics Pentathlon Competitions 2020
The Suffolk PE & Sport Network (SPESN) is running countywide, virtual sports hall athletics pentathlon competitions during this term. Schools are encouraged to engage as many students as possible to participate in this team eventin which all athletes take part in the following five activities:Chest push, 10 x 10m shuttle run, speed bounce, standing long jump, vertical jump Schools may complete the competition at anytime, but the deadline for submitting results is Thursday 3 December.
There are four age groups, all of which are listed below, along with confirmation of the format and weight variances for the chest push activity. School Games Organisers (SGOs) may distribute local rewards to schools competing from their area, but this is at the discretion of the SGO. Electronic certificates will be made available to all participants.
- Age Groups Years 3&4: Mixed (medicine ball weight, 1kg)
- Years 7&8: Boys & Girls (medicine ball weight, 2kg)
- Years 5&6: Mixed (medicine ball weight, 1kg)
- Years 9&10: Boys &Girls (medicine ball weight, 3kg)
1. Comprehensive guidance notes for this competition have been produced nationally and are attached to this document for your information. Essentially, the top five boys and girls scores (combined in primary age groups, separate at secondary level) will determine your school’s overall score in each age group.
2. Results must be submitted to your SGO by no later than 5:00pm on Thursday 3 December using the attached spreadsheet, which also includes scoresheets for you to use during your event / lessons.Final results will be published during the week commencing 7 December and awards will be distributed as soon after that date as possible
Videos demonstrating the correct technique for setting up and performing each of the five activities are available to view here. It also contains a tutorial on how to complete the results spreadsheet.Schools wishing to purchase the equipment for use in this and other formats of Sportshall Athletics can do so at a discounted rate. Details are attached.
Your SGO may be able to assist with the delivery of your event, including providing access to shared equipment and potentially identifying alternative locations within the local community to hold the competition.Approach your SGO for further guidance and support.